Hello Book Lovers!
A few days ago I was nominated by Jill @ RantandRaveAboutBooks for the Liebster Award, which I am so grateful for. Go check out Jill’s account to see her answers to the wonderful questions asked of her!
I am honored to be nominated and be a part of this awesome online community of bloggers, so here it goes my acceptance to the Liebster Award!!!
- Post the Award on your Blog
- Acknowledge the Blogger who nominated you
- Answer the questions assigned to you
- Give 10 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 deserving bloggers for the award
- Ask 10 questions of your nominees
Jill’s Questions to me:
1. If you lived in the fictionalized version of Chicago in the Divergent series, which faction would you choose—Dauntless (brave), Abnegation (selfless), Amity (peaceful), Erudite (intelligent), or Candor (honest)? Explain why you chose the faction. You can answer this without having read the books.
There is actually a test online you can take for this, which I happily completed a few months ago. I was given the faction of Amity which I was excited with because that is what I would have chosen for myself. I find myself always happy and kind to others… and I am not going to lie, I am a hugger!
However, sometimes I can blend into Candor as I am a bit too honest sometimes. If you would like to see which faction you are complete The Divergent Aptitude Test.
2. Do you own any bookish items? If so, what are your favorites?
I do own some bookish items, and my favourite item at the moment is my golden snitch from Harry Potter which I received in a sticker set. It looks fantastic on my bookshelf.
3. If chosen as a contestant in The Hunger Games, what would your strategy be? Would you head to the cornucopia, dodging attackers for supplies, or would you run and hide in a tree until the games were over?
Great question, I think in this instant I would do a runner if it was land based. Hiding would be the only way to survive because I am not a fast sprinter. Unless it was the Catching Fire arena, only because I am a water baby and love to swim, and do so quite confidently. I would be happy to risk it and race to the cornucopia in this one!
4.If you were given the chance to re-write the ending of any novel, which one would it be and why?
Me before you… And why you ask? Everyone knows why. My heart hurt after that book.
5. Which book couples do you like most?
Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark. This is always my favourite book couple, because I like that they are opposites and equal each other out. She is firey and angry, he is loving and kind. He brings light into her life, and lets be honest, nobody can hate Peeta in the books.
6. Fairy tale and classic novel re-tellings are popular now. Which fairy tale or classic novel would you like to see re-told that is NOT on the market?
Aladdin maybe? This might already be one… but I haven’t seen it so I am going to go with Aladdin.
7. If you woke up inside the maze from The Maze Runner with no memory of how you had gotten there, what would your first instinct be and why?
First instinct… run? I guess it would be run, because in a situation where you don’t know what is going on rational thinking wouldn’t be at the forefront of my mind. It should be think clearly, find someone else and see what is going on… but I doubt that would be my first instinct.
8. What is the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to you?
Most embarrassing thing… Oh my goodness, off the top of my head I can’t think of anything. Once I was dacked at high school (many years ago). That was pretty embarrassing.
9. If you were a Silver in the Red Queen series, which power would you want? There’s a lot so I’m only going to name a few—Burner (fire), Strongarm (incredibly strong), Whisper (mind control), Singer (use their voice to plant a thought in your head), Telky (telekinesis), Blood Healer (can heal yourself), or Skin Healer (can heal anyone but themselves). There are a few others, but I think this is enough. If you want to choose one that is not on this list, that’s okay, too. You don’t need to have read the book to answer this. Just pick a superpower and explain why you’d want it.
Shadows – I would like to be able to manipulate light so I can seem invisible. Just because I want to know what is going on, without anyone knowing that I know… Haha oh how evil of me!
10. Do you prefer Apple or Android products?
10 Random Facts – I will make these quick!
- I am a HUGE superhero nerd! Marvel and DC? I don’t care I like both. I also own the Marvel Encyclopedia which sits beside my bed, and I have Avengers PJ’s!
- Typical Australia. Swears too much, loves the sun and surf, and very relaxed! Also own a Red Cattle Dog.
- I travel a lot, and will never stop. So far visited, America twice (with another contiki trip booked next year), Canada & cruised the South Pacific Islands. Haven’t hit Europe yet, but it is coming!
- I have a Diploma in Business & Bachelor of Accounting.
- Hufflepuff & Thunderbird!
- Minor OCD, I cannot have mismatched covers.
- Only Child & love it.
- I hate scary movies and unhappy endings.
- Would love to live in the shadowhunter world & Cassandra Clare is my Auto-Buy Author
- Game of Thrones lover, however won’t read the books until after the TV show has finished because I am enjoying the TV show to much.
I hereby nominate the following people for the Liebster Award because I love following their reviews!
Questions for the Nominee’s:
- What is your favourite book couple & why?
- Who is your book crush?
- What is your favourite book so far in 2016 and why?
- What is your least favourite book to movie adaption?
- Who is your Auto-Buy Author? & What is your favorrite book of theirs?
- If you could live in any book world which would it be?
- If you had to choose two characters to date from two different books, who would you pair up? Explain why they would be a good couple.
- If you lived in a world where superpowers existed, what superpower would you like and why?
- What is a a popular book or book series that you didn’t like? (you can explain why if you want, but no pressure).
- Which book put you into the longest book slump?
That is it from me for the Liebster Award, thank you again to Jill for nominating me!!!