Hi Everyone, today I am bringing you my July Haul, Wrap Up and August TBR! It has been a busy month again in July with University starting up again and not having much time to read some of the amazing books I have. I have purchased a lot of books this month, and when I say a lot I mean more than last month… and that is saying something…
Alright, Lets jump straight into it!
This month I continued building my library and WOW has it grown! Below is a list of books I purchased during the month of July:
- Lois Lane: Fallout – Gwenda Bond
- Harry Potter Hardback Boxset – The Complete Collection – J.K. Rowling
- The Mortal Instruments UK Paperback – The Complete Collection – Cassandra Clare
- Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince & Clockwork Princess – Cassandra Clare
- The Shadowhunter’s Codex – Cassandra Clare & Joshua Lewis
- Legend, Prodigy & Champion – Marie Lu
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, Hollow City & Library of Souls – Ransom Riggs
- Marvel Encyclopedia – Dorling Kindersley
- Second Chance Summer – Morgan Matson
- Half Bad – Sally Green
- Wolf by Wolf & The Walled City by Ryan Graudin
- Beautiful Broken Things – Sara Barnard
- Cruel Crown – Victoria Aveyard
- All The Light We Cannot See – Anthony Doerr
- Everland – Wendy Spinale
- The Dream Thieves – Maggie Stiefvater
- Everything, Everything – Nicola Yoon
- Fangirl – Rainbow Rowell
- Queen of Hearts – Colleen Oakes
- All The Bright Places – Jennifer Niven
- Night Circus – Erin Morgenstern
I also received two of the wonderful boxes this month YA Chronicles Box for July and The Owlcrate Box for July. I have both these wonderful unboxing’s for you below!
The July YA Chronicles Box – ‘Ladies who slay’
Volume 11 is my third YA Chronicles box that I have subscribed to, and yet again they did not disappoint! The wonderful ladies that run this subscription box always provide amazing books and goodies! Below is the list of goodies that came with my July Box!
- And I Darken – Kiersten White
- A Court of Thorns and Roses Keychain by Belle Regalia on Etsy
- A Hermione’s Wand Necklace
- Tris Inspired Temporary Tattoo from WelcomeToTheHub on Etsy
- A Sailor Moon Make-Up Mirror from JuicyGinger on Etsy, collaborated with Button Empire.
Really excited to announce that the August YA Chronicles Box theme is: Professional Book Lover!
The Owlcrate Box – ‘Good vs Evil’
Volume 17 is my first Owlcrate box, and this was a special box to start with because they sent out two separate boxes a good box and a evil box! I was very fortunate to get this box because they sold out very quickly. Below is the list of goodies that came with my July EVIL Box!
- This Savage Song – Victoria Schwab including a letter and signed bookplate from the author
- Draco Malfoy POP Figure Funko
- Death Star necklace from Vector Engraving
- Queen of Hearts Magnetic Bookmark from Jane’s Tiny Things
- ‘Am I Not Merciful’ Sticker from Drop and Give Me Nerdy
I can also announce the August Owlcrate Box theme is: Fast Times at YA High!
July Wrap Up
I read four books this month, and the ratings I gave them are below! I also have full reviews linked below for these books on my blog if you want to check them out! Or you can also go to my goodreads page BexnBoox! Quick disclaimer, this is only my opinion I enjoyed all of my reads this month.
You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour & David Levithan 5/5 stars! This story was captivating, unique and I couldn’t put it down. Full Review Here!
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater 5/5 stars! I loved this book, I am so late to the party but I freaking loved this book! Full Review Here
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children 4/5 stars! This book wasn’t at all what I expected, and that made me love this book even more! Full Review Here!
Half Bad by Sally Green 3.75/5 stars! This read was additive and intriguing! I was left confused, but wanting more! Full Review Here!
Here is my August TBR, and it’s slightly smaller than my last two months, but I have a lot of Uni work to get through this month so I will not be reading as much!
This Savage Song – Victoria Schwab – This is one of my most anticipated books for the year, and I was lucky enough to receive it in my Owlcrate box for July! Which means this month, it is very high on my priority list! This story is is the first of Victoria’s Monsters of Verity duology, that revolves around a city overrun with monster, where violence breeds monsters.
And I Darken – Kiersten White – This is a gripping re-imagined historical retelling of Vlad the Impaler. It is gender swapped to follow Princess Lada, but she is not a princess in the normal sense, she is brutal, cruel and determined for vengeance.
Red Queen – Victoria Aveyard – This story sets place in a world divided. Red or Silver. Reds are commoners, Silvers are rulers with superpowers. Mare Barrow is a Red, but what happens when she discovers she has a power of her own…
Finally, before I finish of this post, I have some of my favourite pictures for the month below! If you are interested in seeing more like this, feel free to add me on Instagram – bexnbooks
Well that is it for my July Book Haul, Wrap Up and August’s TBR.