Hey Book Lovers!
Today I am bringing you my August Haul, Wrap Up and September TBR… although I never stick to it! It has been a busy month again in August with University assignments kicking in, and reduced the amount of time to read some of the amazing books I have. I have purchased a lot of books this month, less than last month, but still I have a huge pile to show you!
Alright, Lets jump straight into it!
This month I continued building my library and purchased a second shelf for my room because they wouldn’t all fit! Below is a list of books I purchased during the month of August:
- Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire and Queen of Shadows – Sarah J. Maas
- A Court of Thorns and Roses and A Court of Mist and Fury – Sarah J. Maas
- The 5th Wave, The Infinite Sea and The Last Star – Rick Yancey
- Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant and Four: A Divergent Collection- Veronica Roth
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – J. K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany
- Carry On – Rainbow Rowell
- The Witches Kiss – Katherine and Elizabeth Corr
- Vicious – V. E. Schwab
- A Darker Shade of Magic – V. E. Schwab
- Illuminae – Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (Hardcover.. already owned the paperback)
- Nevernight – Jay Kristoff
- An Ember in the Ashes – Sabaa Tahir
- A Thousand Nights – E. K. Johnston
- Rook – Sharon Cameron
- A Study in Charlotte – Brittany Cavallaro
- Rebel Belle – Rachel Hawkins
- This Is Where It Ends – Marieke Nijkamp
- Walk on Earth a Stranger – Rae Carson
- Glass Sword – Victoria Aveyard
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue – Maggie Stiefvater
- Half Wild and Half Lost by Sally Green
- Ms. Marvel – Adrian Alphona (Comic Book)
- Harley Quinn, vol. 1: Hot in the City – Amanda Connor, Jimmy Palmiotti, Chad Hardin, Stephane Roux, Alex Sinclair and Paul Mounts (Comic Book)
I also received two of the wonderful boxes this month YA Chronicles Box for August and The Owlcrate Box for August. I have both these wonderful unboxing’s for you below!
The August YA Chronicles Box – ‘Professional Book Lover’
Volume 12 is my fourth YA Chronicles box that I have subscribed to, and I was a little unsure of this box as I haven’t heard of the book included! However, the wonderful ladies that run this subscription box always provide amazing books so I will be keen to read this one and see what it is about!
I did not do a unboxing of The YA Chronicles box this month sorry guys, I ran out of time and there wasn’t good lighting! Below is the list of goodies that came with my August Box! Check out instagram and #theyachronicles and you should see some amazing unboxings.
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowly including a letter from the author and signed book plate.
- Bibliophile soap from Behind the Pages on Etsy
- Mini Book Light
- Library Card scarf
Really excited to announce that the September YA Chronicles Box theme is: You Win or You Die!
The August Owl Crate Box – ‘Fast Times at YA High’
Volume 18 is my second Owlcrate box, I can 100% OwlCrate does not disappoint! Not only is every box full of fantastic goodies, the book is hardcover! Hardcovers are life! Below is the list of goodies that came with my August Box!
- P.S I Like You by Kasie West including a letter and signed bookplate from the author
- A Decomposition Notebook
- A ‘Hogwart is my home’ button created by Taryn Draws
- A Eleanor and Park Necklace
- A Harry Potter Print created by Susanne Draws
- Stress Relieving Patterns Colouring Book by Blue Star Coloring
Really excited to announce that the September YA Chronicles Box theme is: Darkness!
August Wrap Up
I read five books during the month of August, and all in all an amazing reading month for me considering I am currently nearly finished two other books as well! The ratings I gave the five books I read are below! I also have full reviews linked below for these books on my blog if you want to check them out! Or you can also go to my goodreads page BexnBoox!
Half Wild by Sally Green 5/5 stars! A captivating, action packed story, with the character development on point! Full Review Here!
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard 4/5 stars! Red Queen is a fast-paced story full of superpowers, love interests and lies! Full Review Here!
The Dream Thives by Maggie Stiefvater 4/5 stars! The second book in this cycle was unpredictable, compelling and enjoyable read! Full Review Here!
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J. K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany 4/5 stars! The hype was huge, the expectations were high. Full Review Here! However, re-thinking the four stars… I have so many thoughts, feel free to discuss this one with me in the comments!
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff 5/5 stars! This book it lives up to all expectations and all hype. It is a masterpiece! Full Review Here!
Ok so yet again I had a major fail for my August TBR. I read one out of the three books I said I would read, and then moved on to other choices because I started the Pokemon Indigo League #ReadThemAllThon, so I changed my mind basically.. But here I go making promises at another TBR… I probably will also change my mind about this one mid-month, because that seems to be a pattern emerging!
Half Lost – Sally Green – Half Lost is the final book in the Half Bad trilogy by Sally Green. I can’t give much of a synopsis because of spoilers, but basically our story follows Nathan Byrn who lives in a world full of witches. White witches are supposed to be good and pure, where Black witches dangerous and killers, but Nathan is both. This book follows the world into a chao’s with Black witches against White witches, and Nathan is at the centre of it. I loved the first two books in this trilogy, and I am excited to see where the finale takes us!
All The Bright Places – Jennifer Niven – I am not going to give a big synopsis of this one, I am just going to say the first line I read off the front of the book ‘The story of a girl who learns to live from a boy who wants to die’. I feel the tears already, but I have heard wonderful things! By the time I post this, I will have already finished this and if you would like to read my spoilery thoughts, click here!
Cruel Crown – Victoria Aveyard – Cruel Crown are two short stories written from the perspective of two women on either side of the Red and Silver divide. This is a follow on from Red Queen, based around Queen Coriane (Cal’s Mother) and Diana Farley who is beginning the rebellion against the Silver elite. I am excited to read these two perspectives, and to see what Cal’s Mother was like before she was killed.
Nevernight – Jay Kristoff – After Illuminae of course I had to pick up another book by Jay Kristoff, and I was lucky enough to be able to purchase a signed paperback which I cannot wait to start reading! This story follows our main protagonist Mia Corvere, who is the daughter of a traitor and hunted by her Father’s former comrades. She lands herself apprenticed to a flock of deadly assassins, as she seeks vengeance against the Senate who destroyed her family.
Once again, before I finish of this post, I have some of my favourite pictures for the month below! If you are interested in seeing more like this, feel free to add me on Instagram – bexnbooks or check out the bookish photographs in the top bar!
Feedback would be appreciated! If you are willing to give me some feedback, I would love to know if you would prefer smaller posts with my book hauls, wrap up and TBR’s separately, or do you prefer one post with all three? Let me know your opinion in the comments.
Well that is it for my August Book Haul, Wrap Up and September’s TBR.